Thursday, June 15, 2017

Day Seven.

Sunday was our first fun day. We got to sleep in a little more then normal, and I started off the day with a quiet time and listened to some music. Then we had breakfast and got on the bus to go to Monteverde. It was a 3 and a half hour drive. We stopped once to take pictures, which ended up being adventurous and a little muddy for some. The bus ride was pretty nice and was an easy drive, until the road turned to gravel, which made it very bumpy. Before we continued to the zip lines, we went to eat at a chicken place and went to some stores afterward. The most purchased item throughout this trip was most definitely coffee.

After that we headed over to the zip lines, which were the biggest zip lines I've ever seen. There were a lot of guides who went ahead to help us at each check point. There were a lot of different feelings toward the zip line. A lot of us were excited, some afraid, some terrified, but no one backed out and we all completed the entire tour. Some of the zip lines were super long and it was incredible seeing all the beautiful land that God made. It really took all of our breath away, because of how cool it was, also because we were hundreds of feet off the ground.

After we all finished there were these two really colorful birds that came up to us and one of the guides was feeding it and while we all got pictures. Then there was a tv that we got to look at all the pictures and reactions from everyone while they were riding. There was many good and funny pictures and videos that were taken.

Afterwards we went to the place we were staying, which was a nice guest house. After we put our stuff down, we took a nice walk to go eat dinner at a local restaurant. While they were cooking it we went and put some sugar cane into an old machine and pushed it and made some sugar water that tasted ok but very sugary. After dinner we relaxed for a little bit and had our first team meeting with all the interns and missionary's. It was really cool to have them join with us.  We had worship and even the house owner was worshiping with us and I thought that was super cool. The meeting was awesome hearing how the Lord had moved that day and seeing Him throughout the meeting. It was really an incredible day.

By Brennen Croyle

1 comment: